Flatland is a 2-dimensional real-time strategy game. Gameplay is similiar to many other real-time strategy games, pulling elements from games like Command & Conquer, Empire Earth, and Age of Empires. Unique to Flatland, however, is a set of resources that can be used to directly pump up your units, making control of these resources vital. Graphically, Flatland utilizes simple geometric shapes for most units, allowing the player to focus on gameplay and the designers and programmers to focus on AI and design.
Number of playersEdit
1 - As many as possible. The game features plug-and-play AI modules, allowing users to create their own AI, or choose from a wide variety of available AI modules.
- Jon Tyson - Lead Designer (programming)
- Chris DeLeon - Gameplay Design, Addl. Art
- Looking for Designers
- Looking for Artists
- Looking for Musicians
- Week 1: ( 1st Round Pitches ) The first two weeks should be things you can do on your own...
- Week 2: Unit and Faction design
- Week 3:
- Have map loading system set up
- Create test maps
- Week 4:
- AI module system
- Java networking possibilities
- Week 5:
- Support for multiple human players
- Possible chat system
- Week 6:
- Main menu and in-game UI
- Unit balancing
- Week 7: Playable Beta
- Week 8: Implement sounds and music
- Week 9: Playable AI
- Week 10: Final Graphics in place
- Week 11: Final sounds in place
- Week 12: The game should be essentially done by this point here
- Week 13: Game is complete, bug fixes
Project Leader AgreementEdit
I, Jon Tyson, as project leader agree that I will finish the game (in some form) alone in the case that all of my team members can no longer work on the project.